Tuesday, May 10, 2011

From Sister Johnson on May 4th, 2011

I can email my immediate family...so that is you! If you could take my missionary email off the blog that would be great because I'm not allowed to email anyone outside of my immediate family. Also my missionary MTC address is: (add this to the blog)
Sister Kelsi Kate Johnson
MTC Mailbox #281
BRA-VIT 0625
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, UT 84604-1793
And I've only gotten an email from mom and Sister Christensen. Sister's Christensens was about a full page and mom's was an eighth of that...pretty much to tell me dad was painting my room for his den. So sweet. :)
Anyway. It's amazing here. Everyone is so darn nice! And I'm already learning Portuguese. I can pray, say my tesimony and contact people already. I've only been here a week! Our teachers Irma Gonzales and Irmoa Jones only speak Portuguese so they use a LOT of hand signals, but it's a good way to learn. Also, missionaries in Brazil are called Sisters because if we go by Irma they think we are nuns. :/ So you can change that on the blog as well....
The day before I got the the MTC, Dallin H Oaks had just spoken at the Devotional on Tuesday. Bummed I missed that but we got to hear from Stanley G Ellis last night. Every talk and conference and devotional we've had is so uplifting and amazing I love it! My companiera is Sister Dunow. She is awesome. And we live with Sister Rounds and Sister Smart that are in our district. We have a lot of fun quoting movies like "O Brother Where Art Thou" and "Pure Luck" Who would have thunk it!?
Anyways. I'm running out of time. Tell mom and dad I'll write them a plain old letter.
I love to hear about Lynlee. She is so darn cute. I need pictures!!! Tell her I love her, I love her more. No way man. I do and you do! Woo hoo! FOR ME! And give Ellee a big fat kiss! Love you guys!!!!
Oh! And tell mom and everyone DearElders and mail is the best for the MTC right now because I can only check my email once a week for a half hour and that just is not enough time! So, love all ya'll!
Tchau! Sister Kelsi Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment